Saturday, October 2, 2010

Grasshoppers and Frogs

My big kitchen window that looks out over the backyard is a haven for creepy-crawly things. Earlier this summer I had many grasshoppers hanging out of the (outside) of the glass. Which made for some interesting photos.
And then last week I was in the kitchen making some tea and noticed that this little frog had somehow made his way into the corner of the kitchen windowsill. I have no idea how he got there, being that he had to get up the counter and over the sink. At first I thought he was dead, but on closer examination he was breathing and just seemed to be taking a nap. He was there all day (I checked a lot to make sure he wasn't wandering around my kitchen) until Brian got up (he was working nights). Brian scooped him up and found a nice place outside where he could eat all the bugs he wanted. While I'm not found of having amphibians in my house, I would prefer this little frog to the multitude of spiders that make frequent visits.

1 comment:

Jeffus said...

I love critters! Great photos! How bout some slugs?