Sunday, October 23, 2011

Farewell Luncheon

This past Friday some of my dear friends from our church threw Philip and me a lovely farewell luncheon- complete with this beautiful tablescape.
 And some hearty and delicious soup...
 and a beautiful and refreshing salad!
There were even cookies (and cupcakes) from Larita's bakery in Fort Dodge. They are the BEST (and most decorative) cookies I have come across in all of my travels.
Philip tried is first graham cracker (which was way better than the rice crackers I had packed for him). I thought he would throw his rice crackers on the floor because he couldn't hold on to them, apparently that's not the case. He just gets sick of them. This graham cracker never left his little hand (until it turned to mush).
 This is Philip hanging out with Julie- the hostess extraordinaire.
 A nice photo of everyone (except Connie who was taking the photo).
These are the ladies who gave my so much support through my years in Iowa. I will miss them so much, but am grateful that God had our paths cross, even for a small amount of time.

Thank you all for your kindness!

No comments: